Expanding a Dream!
Over the past few years, Healing House has experienced considerable growth. We are grateful for the opportunity to touch more lives desperate for hope and healing. We are thrilled to announce a 2 Phase plan that will enable Healing House to better serve our growing clientele.
Phase 1 – Estimate Cost: $2.4 million, Estimated Completion: Fall 2017
Transform vacant neighborhood building into the Healing House Addiction Recovery Center.
- 5,000 square foot multi-purpose center will accommodate nightly dining for Healing House residents with room for guests to participate in nightly recovery meetings, worship, fellowship and nightly events, with seating for up to 300 people.
- Commercial kitchen for preparing nightly meals and expanding the current catering business, while providing an opportunity to build the skills and job experience of residents.
- New office area with 5 private counseling spaces, 7 staff offices and a meeting room.
- Expanded education center for vocational support and skill building.
- Additional parking areas to provide badly needed off-street parking.
- Current office space and education center will be re-purposed into a Recovery Home for families with multiple children.
Phase 2 – Estimate Cost: $2.9 million
Extensive renovations to re-purpose existing Healing House Meeting Hall.
- Community Cafe to serve the neighborhood. Proceeds will help fund Healing House while residents receive valuable skill-building and on-the-job experience.
- Multiple retail spaces including a thrift store. Proceeds will help fund Healing House while residents receive valuable skill-building and on-the-job experience.
- 4 large apartments for recovery families with multiple children.
Current funds raised to-date total more than $1 million. Our goal is to raise an additional $1.2 million by November 15, 2016. If we reach this goal, we can apply for a matching grant, which will effectively double your contribution. Help us reach our goal by donating today!
Beautifully Broken – Healing House Founder Bobbi Jo Reed’s Autobiography
More than twenty years in addiction left Bobbi Jo Reed a broken woman. But when she encountered Christ, her shattered life was redeemed. Today she serves as Founder and Director of Healing House, Inc. Beautifully Broken is her story of God’s restorative work.
Monthly Updates and Event Invites
Stay up to date with Healing House news and events. Subscribe now to receive our monthly newsletter and event invites in your inbox!
Read up on news and events from the past few months:
- October 2016 update from Healing House
- September 2016 update from Healing House.
- August 2016 update from Healing House.
- July 2016 update from Healing House.