Do you or a group or business you’re involved want to help out a Kansas City not-for-profit organization? Healing House loves our volunteers! We will get you connected so that you can serve in your “sweet spot” and use your God-given abilities. From construction to cooking and outdoors to the office, we know we’ll find the perfect fit for you.
Upcoming and Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Make-A-Meal – Nightly at 5:00 pm except for Thursdays
- Healing House has around 152 adults and 25 children; and that’s a lot of mouths to feed. Let us know if you would like to provide a meal for our family.
- Groups are welcome to come and serve a meal to our clients.
- Office Assistant – As needed (once weekly)
- We need more hands on deck to help out with various office-related tasks.
- Needs vary but may include post-marking invitations, folding event programs, or filing documents.
- GED Tutors – Mondays from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Did you know that many of the individuals admitted into Healing House don’t have a high school equivalent level of education? We’re eager to help interested individuals gain their HiSet through Missouri’s High School Equivalency Test. We need tutors in order to help prepare these individuals for success.
- The entire HiSet battery is available online for $95. Would you be willing to sponsor an individual to take the test and help them on their journey to gainful employment?
Please, complete a volunteer form to help us get you plugged in. You are also invited to attend any number of Healing House meetings and events. Check out the Calendar of Events for regular meetings and special events.