MISSION: Healing House, Inc. is a substance use disorder recovery organization. Our mission is to enrich the lives and spiritual well-being of all we serve and improve the safety and welfare of our community by equipping each participant with resources to maintain a healthy, self-sufficient, and purposeful life.
VISION: Our vision is that everyone who needs recovery from substance use disorder would have access to safe, stable housing and the necessary support services to promote lifelong healing, family reunification, and community transformation.
Since 2002, Healing House has provided recovery housing and support that assists both men and women to experience long-term recovery from substance use disorders. Nearly 200 individuals on any given day reside in our fourteen private homes and two apartment buildings. Last year we served over 1,100 individuals, helping them on the road to recovery and meaningful drug- and alcohol-free lives.
If you or someone you know is seeking help with addiction recovery, consider Healing House, Inc. Our approach to helping men and women in recovery addresses the entire tri-fold aspect of addiction; mental, physical, and spiritual. Our experienced staff is made up of instructors, counselors, and peer support specialists. They are equipped to share tools and knowledge that help program participants to achieve and maintain lifelong sobriety.
Programs and Services
- Our meetings and recovery support groups are safe places to grow in the journey of recovery while learning from others.
- 12-Step recovery program
- Case management
- Individual counseling and recovery coaching
- Our recovery homes are for men and women with a diagnosis of substance use disorder. They provide a safe place to begin a new life in recovery.
- Living with other men or women in recovery provides courage and accountability to stay the course.
- Healing House provides recovery housing for over 180 adults and up to 25 children.
- Residents participate in recovery classes and groups, receive counseling and peer mentoring, and received assistance to obtain employment.
Education & Employment
- Our education and employment program provides one-on-one help as participants seek to rebuild a better life through gainful employment.
- High school equivalency testing and adult education
- Vocational support and skill-building
- Financial counseling and budgeting assistance
- Recovery Community Center
- Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Treatment – Along with operating our recovery residences, we are certified by the Missouri Department of Mental Health to offer Level I outpatient substance use disorder treatment services. These services are available to both Healing House residents and to those who do not live with us. Special funding is available to potential participants with limited resources to pay for treatment services.
- Recovery Community Center – The RCC is peer-run, meaning the entire staff is in long-term recovery and understands the needs and wants of participants who enter the doors seeking help. In this space, we offer groups, programs, educational services, employment support, and special events to the public.
- Madeline’s Swaddle House – home for new and expectant mothers who are overcoming substance use disorder
- Community Outreach Center – reaching the surrounding Northeast neighborhood with 12 Step meetings, peer support, and other resources.