- 12-Step recovery program
- 1-on-1 case management
- Recovery and faith-centered support groups and activities
- 1-on-1 counseling
- Housing for up to 180 adults and 25 children
- Residents must maintain living quarters, participate in recovery programs, complete community service and obtain employment.
Education and Employment
- High school equivalency testing and adult education
- Vocational support and skill building
- Financial counseling and budgeting assistance
- Recovery Community Center
Healing House, Inc. is a non-profit, faith-based substance abuse recovery organization. We work in the Kansas City metropolitan area to provide safe and stable homes with opportunities for spiritual and personal growth along with purposeful guidance and support for men and women who are committed to overcoming their addiction and becoming responsible, productive, drug and alcohol free members of our community.
In 2001, Ms. Bobbi Jo Reed purchased a home in the historic northeast area of Kansas City. Her goal was to provide transitional housing for women who had completed inpatient substance abuse treatment. As a former addict and alcoholic, Ms. Reed understood the many challenges faced my men and women in addiction recovery who are trying to transition back into society.
In 2003, Ms. Reed founded Healing House, Inc. based on the belief that a safe home environment is critical to life-long recovery. At the same time that Ms. Reed founded Healing House, there were approximately 900 women in Kansas City undergoing inpatient treatment, but only 24 safe residential beds available to them following treatment.
Since its founding, Healing House, Inc. has markedly expanded its scale and reach. Under Ms. Reed’s leadership, Healing House has purchased and refurbished numerous vacant homes – several of which were former drug houses – into safe, sober homes for both men and women. Healing House has also purchased two apartment buildings where families are restored and parents reunited with their children.
Each year, Healing House provides help and healing to nearly 300 men and women. More than 8,000 individuals in recovery have been served by Healing House. Transitional housing is currently available for up to 180 adults and 25 children in the same Kansas City neighborhood. This area – once riddled with drug dealing, prostitution and gang violence – is rapidly being transformed into a safe and protective neighborhood through the collaboration of Healing House, numerous volunteers and like-minded residents.
Healing House, Inc. is committed to accomplish its mission by achieving the following goals:
- Provide research based recovery resources for all our residents.
- Create a safe, supportive home environment where residents can focus on recovery.
- Equip residents with the life skills needed for them to become self-sufficient, productive members of our community.