Thank you for considering donating to Healing House! When you donate to Healing House, you make it possible for us to continue bringing hope and healing to men and women in addiction recovery right here in Kansas City. We simply could not do what we do without your generosity!
Ways to Donate
Healing House is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. This means that your donation of any amount is and always will be tax deductible. We offer secure online giving through PushPay. You can give using a debit or credit card or electronic fund transfer directly from your checking account.
Recurring donation options are available through PushPay. When you donate on a reoccurring basis, you can choose weekly, monthly, bi-weekly, etc. Healing House is able to more confidently plan for the future. We understand that life gets busy; we will remember so you don’t have to!
Over the past few years, Healing House has experienced significant growth. In the Spring of 2017, we purchased a new Fellowship Hall to better serve our growing clientele! In 2019, we opened the RCC, that provides a large meeting space to be used for daily dining, recovery meetings and more.
Healing House allows you to decide how your donation will be directed. Right now, you can select between:
1. General Fund – Allows us the greatest flexibility in how to apply your donation to meet our greatest needs.
2. Capital Campaign – Continue to pay down the debt on our Recovery Community Center (RCC) that serves more than 300 people each day with recovery meetings, employment services, case management, etc.
3. Erin’s House – Named in honor of Erin Langhofer whose life was tragically taken from her at an early age, will be our next expansion project. It will include purchasing and remodeling a home that will house 8 or more women going through recovery. Erin dedicated her life to helping women who are victims of domestic violence. Erin was a bright light as a volunteer at Healing House, where her dad, Tom, also serves in many capacities. Erin’s House will forever honor her memory. Nearly $61,000 has been raised to this project today, with another $39,000 needed.
4. Emily’s House – Remodeling has started and the house is expected to be completed in early 2020. It will be home to seven women recovering from addiction. The house is named in honor of Emily LaGree who was a volunteer at Healing House and had a true heart for helping the residents in the program. She lost her life at a very young age. Nearly $75,000 has been raised for this project to date, with an additional $25,ooo needed.
5. Sponsor a Pregnant Mother/Mother with Newborn – One of Healing House’s greatest miracles has been helping pregnant women have babies in an addiction-free environment. During the past three years, Healing House has seen well over two dozen newborns enter this world free from neo-natal abstinence syndrome. Many of these mothers, however, are high risk pregnancies and often cannot work for several months. They need help with rent ($550/month) and other necessities. This fund allows these women to continue to participate in the Healing House program as they learn parenting skills to raise their children in a drug and alcohol-free environment.
6. Sponsor an Angel for Christmas – We try to provide residents in the program with Christmas gifts, such as shoes, hygiene goods, underwear etc. Many of these residents have never had a real Christmas before and the Holy Spirit really touches their souls when they experience this love for the first time. Each sponsorship is about $100 or you can contact Becca Stewart at email@example.com, or call 816-920-7181, if you would like to purchase the gifts yourself for your sponsee.
The easiest way to donate is to click HERE , or download the Healing House app for your Android or iPhone or Text-to-Donate: “HHKC” to 77977 and follow the link to PushPay. You will find all of the above information in an easy to use layout to choose which option your heart is led to donate to.
Residents in the Healing House program may also use PushPay to pay their program fees/rent or pay for meal donation.
Of course, we also accept donations the good ol’ fashioned way. Please, make checks payable to Healing House, Inc.
Healing House, Inc.
4505 Saint John Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64123
Consider doing a matching donation and watch your gift to Healing House go the extra mile. This dollar-doubling opportunity would be on your terms and Healing House will gladly do everything we can to advertise and increase the impact. Contact us for more details.
We accept quality household items/appliances/furniture, office supplies, home repair products (paint, flooring, etc.), clothing, bedding, alcohol-free personal hygiene products, food and more. If an item is too large for you to haul, a Healing House moving crew will happily pick it up. For more information, email Healing House or call (913) 633-6789 or (816) 216-7395.