Department: Recovery Community Center
Reports To: Executive Chef, Sous Chef
- Assists in preparing meals in the kitchen as well as maintaining a clean environment.
- Inspects and clean food preparation areas or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensures food is stored and cooked at temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters.
- Ensures freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carves and trims meats for hot or cold service.
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans by hand or using dishwashers.
- Supervises nightly clean up crews and ensures proper storage of all food after service
- Supervises service line and volunteers, ensuring appropriate portion control and maintaining food service standards while serving
- Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils.
- Places clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Sorts and removes trash and places it in designated pickup areas.
- Cleans garbage cans.
- Sweeps or scrubs floors.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Some previous work-related experience
- Requires moderate physical exertion such as lifting, standing long periods of time, operating equipment.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Active listening
- Service orientation
- Time management
- Detail oriented